Repeated footnote citations not coming out as "Ibid."

Search email archive for

Repeated footnote citations not coming out as "Ibid."
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:48:48 -0700
Subject: Repeated footnote citations not coming out as "Ibid."

Author: jiporter (New User)
Date: 04-14-2009 10:48 PM

My repeated fn citations are coming out thus:   [1]James 2003 [1912], 146; see previous note. [2]James 2003 [1912], 75. [3] James 2003 [1912], 75.   I would like the 2nd and 3rd notes to read "Ibid., 75" and "Ibid."    In footnote styles i have selected the options "If the same ref. repeats in consecutive footnotes" "replace data with ibid" and ditto for "same source".   I've also tried checking Use short form of the reference and include short title, but that makes no difference.   Any suggestions appreciated.