importing endnote library to earlier version

Search email archive for

importing endnote library to earlier version
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:26:48 -0700
Subject: importing endnote library to earlier version

Author: constans (New User)
Date: 04-03-2009 10:26 PM

Hi endnote gurus, I am attempting to import an Endnote library from a more modern version (not sure which) to my copy (version 6.0.2).  We saved the library as a txt file using "Refer Export" as the output style.  I then tried to import the file to a new library using "Refer/BibIX" as the import option, but nothing happened. No error message, just nothing.  It says 0 out of 0 references shown.   If anyone has any advice I'd be very appreciative.  I have accomplished this before with other libraries, but maybe they came from a different version. Thanks, Connie