How do I change the order of my bibliography?

Search email archive for

How do I change the order of my bibliography?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:41:38 -0700
Subject: How do I change the order of my bibliography?

Author: smilinbaby (Regular)
Date: 04-13-2009 02:41 AM

Hello there   My problem is very simple and not vital, but I just thought somebody here might know... I only have two categories of items in my bibliography : one category for my primary sources in one specific language, and another one for my primary sources in all other languages. I have marked the references in the specific language with the letter "g" in the "Label" category, and while editing my style I have changed the sort order of my bibliography to take into account Label first. The problem is that my sources from the specific language appear after the list of references which have a blank "label" category (I only use one label as I only have two categories). Can I change that? I would have thought that the references with a label, whatever that is, would come first, and then the other ones...but apparently it's not the case... Its not a vital problem in the sense that I can still copy and paste within the bibliography  at the end, but I just thought that it would be nice to be able to have the references in correct order right from the start. Likewise, if experts here say I dont have the choice, then fair enough.