Re: EndNoteX2: Single authors identified as multiple due to full first name vs initial imports

Search email archive for

Re: EndNoteX2: Single authors identified as multiple due to full first name vs initial imports
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:27:21 -0700
Subject: Re: EndNoteX2: Single authors identified as multiple due to full first name vs initial imports

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-23-2009 03:27 PM

You can batch change George, John to George, J. using the Edit>Change Text option, but not change all first names to initials. BTW, it would be a bit dangerous to change all John to J. as John could also be a surname.  I guess this is another place where a Next vs replace facility would be useful.

Re: EndNoteX2: Single authors identified as multiple due to full first name vs initial imports
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:33:25 -0700

Author: Schalke04 (Visitor)
Date: 04-23-2009 08:33 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. The solution you suggested would be a lot quicker than doing it manually, as I am now. I still think it is quite cumbersome, because now I would have to check all the authors in my library for duplicates and spelling of the first name.   I guess I will just have to double-check each reference I insert into my thesis and use your suggestion when I find one that has gone wrong.   Many thanks, Hendrik PS: I am not labelling this post as solved, because I am hoping someone has an even better solution ;-)

Re: EndNoteX2: Single authors identified as multiple due to full first name vs initial imports
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 06:47:15 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-26-2009 02:47 PM

see http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=1803&jump=true (just posted)  and the thread at http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&message.id=348.  Be absolutely sure that you are not trying to point your folders to the Program Folder versions.    Keep the styles down to <100 and it is much faster.