Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?

Search email archive for

Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:02:16 -0700
Subject: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?

Author: smilinbaby (Regular)
Date: 04-13-2009 04:02 PM

Hello there   I am having an annoying little problem: I have switched the "Ibid." function which I cannot *not use* as it would sound really unprofessional in my area...But I have a problem with this function when dealing with repeated Web Pages references.   I have tweaked the "Web Page" reference type of Chicago 15th A to add the phrase "Accessed on" at the end of the reference, followed by the text filled in the Access Year and Access Date. To achieve that I have written "Accessed on" myself in the template. This works great. The only problem is that when I repeat a reference to a web page, the following footnote reads "Ibid. Accessed on."   Does anybody know what I can do to remove the "Accessed on" bit? Of course I have the option of deleting each occurrence myself but for those who do not know  I am due to submit very soon (3 days) and don't have much time on my hands, so any second I can grab, Ill grab it (not to mention that if I need Endnote at the last minutes for another reason and scan the document again for references, the "accessed on" phrase will just re-appear...   Thanks a lot in advance!!