Re: Another punctuation query

Search email archive for

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:10:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Another punctuation query

Author: Layla (New User)
Date: 04-28-2009 05:09 PM

Any ideas anyone? :smileyindifferent:

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:52:33 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-29-2009 03:52 AM

not sure.  Did you try to put `in front of the punctuation marks?  Endnote is designed to add the conventional puncturation - a full stop and when punctuation is included (like a ?) it leaves off the style introduced punctuation.  I assume this is Endnote trying to be cleaver, with unconventional punctuation.

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 01:43:59 -0700

Author: Layla (New User)
Date: 05-07-2009 09:43 AM

Thanks Leanne but unfortunately that didn't work... any other ideas?  I know it's not really a big deal but everytime I see it in my list of references it nags at me!

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 07:49:44 -0700

Author: myoshigi (Maven)
Date: 05-07-2009 03:49 PM

Check reference type, and find a field where the blog title is stored. It might be stored in the field where automatic formatting is applied (such as journal title or author fields).

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:56:31 -0700

Author: Layla (New User)
Date: 05-07-2009 09:56 PM

I've used the reference type 'online multimedia' and put the title in the title field - would this be automatically formatted?

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:16:12 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 05-07-2009 10:16 PM

Not for every style. check  your style by editing it (Edit>Output Style>Edite "your-selected-output-style".  If it isn't listed under bibliography templates, copy and paste the generic, and then edit it from there.

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:37:56 -0700

Author: johneast (Enthusiast)
Date: 05-08-2009 12:37 AM

If you look at the chapter on Bibliographic Styles in the manual, and go to the section entitled "EndNote Cleans Up", it explains that EndNote assumes that combinations like ?! or !? are errors, and it replaces them with one character.   So this is a "feature". I guess you just have to edit the bibliography manually when you have finished writing and after you have removed the field codes.

Re: Another punctuation query
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 7 May 2009 17:58:19 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 05-08-2009 01:58 AM

Back to Layla's query,   With X2, I just made a Blog template in two different styles, copied the generic into the new temlate and made up a blog entry in my library, and it didn't delete the punctuation.  The styles didn't have full stops but commas or nothing, so maybe that removes the "resolution"?