Citing DSM-IV-TR in APA style

Search email archive for

Citing DSM-IV-TR in APA style
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:08:24 -0700
Subject: Citing DSM-IV-TR in APA style

Author: Kling (New User)
Date: 04-30-2009 10:08 PM

Hi there   Can anyone help with my problem?  The correct format for the DSM IV in the reference list in APA style is:   American Psychiatric Association (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., Text Revision). Washington, DC: Author.   In Endnote, how do I include the words 'Text Revision' in the edition field or is their somewhere else I can put them?   Also, the first citation in the text is: (American Psychiatric Association, 2000) however thereafter it can be abbreviated to (DSM-IV-TR, 2000) in the body of the text.  Is there some way of having an alternate title such as this which appears after the first citation?   Thanks in advance!