help Mac OS X can't insert citation

Search email archive for

help Mac OS X can't insert citation
Author: Chris Upton    Posted: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:48:58 -0800
hi,
I'm using the latest Mac OSX, with endnote 6 and word.
When I try to put in a citation, it flashes in the word text and then
removes itself....
any ideas?

Chris

RE: help Mac OS X can't insert citation
Author: Wiedemann, Leanne    Posted: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:16:37 -0500
Chris,

I would send this directly to tech support, although I think it has been
discussed before, I can't seem to find anything, quickly, in the archives.
I think you need some updates (I don't use a Mac, so I can't remember the
precise fix). tech support at />
Author: Suat Tuzgöl    Posted: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:05:01 +0200
Hi Chris,

Try to follow these steps to fix your problem (Mac OS X and EndNote 6!):

1. Word - Help - About, check the exact version of Word X Mac
Make sure you download the latest edition here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/download/

2. Same applies for your Mac OS, download most recent updates for Mac OS X
here:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/softwareupdates.html

3. Check the exact version of EndNote 6 Mac via menu "Help-About". If it is
6 or 6.01, get the EndNote 6.02 free update here:
http://www.endnote.com/support/EN602_Mac_updater.asp

4. Follow the instructions on page 17/18 of the manual.
a. Copy "EndNote 6 CWYW Commands" from "EndNote 6: Cite While You
Write" to "Microsoft Office X:Office:Startup:Word"

then,
b. Copy "EndNote6 CWYW Word X" from "EndNote 6:Cite While You
Write:Word X" to "Microsoft Office X:Office:Startup:Word"

finally,
c. Templates: copy the template files from "EndNote 6: Templates" to
"Microsoft Office X:Templates:EndNote"

5. If you previously owned an older version of EndNote, some Word X/CWYW
problems will be fixed after removal of the old endnote preferences file
(Users:YOUR FOLDER:Library:Preferences:EndNote f). Please backup first!

6. If you have bad luck and there is still a problem let ISI ResearchSoft
tech support know that you have a problem and send them an overview of the
content of the folder "Microsoft Office X:Office:Startup:Word".

All the best!
Suat Tuzgöl

DISC BV * P.O. Box 423 | 2100 AK Heemstede, The Netherlands
Ph +31 (0)23 547 1855 | Fax +31 (0)23 547 1859

Email /> http://www.ResearchSoftware.nl/