Hiding or reordering fields or shrinking fonts?

Search email archive for

Hiding or reordering fields or shrinking fonts?
Author: Alan Nonymous    Posted: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:08:34 +0000
Even maximised on my 17" screen each of my references is at least two
screens long, so if I want to scan through a bunch of selected references at

once - particularly if I want to look at the notes or keyword fields which
are always on the second page I end up scrolling up and down each time. Is
there any way to re-order fields in EN5? Or shrink the font? Or page back
and forth between records while continuing to look at the second "page" of
each record?

P.s. Count me among the aggrieved people who would like to be able to move
his modified reference types more easily between machines (I suspect the
public machines I have access to at university would not allow me to modify
their registries!)

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059

Re: Hiding or reordering fields or shrinking fonts?
Author: A P Lombardo    Posted: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:43:06 -0400
Hi there --

I've encountered this as well -- here is what I have done:

One -- Setup the main library view to include "Keywords" in the fifth
column (I use a unified keyword system that makes them easier to see
this way, but may not be the best solution in all cases). You can
change this through the "Sorting" option, I think, in preferences
(going off of memory here)

Two -- You can use Control-PageDown to scroll through the records at
whatever field -- so if you're in the 'keywords' field, hit
control-pagedown and you'll be taken to the next record, at the
'keywords' field. Only drawback is, sometimes you can't see the
name/title of what record you are on.

Not exactly the most satisfying solutions, but good workarounds...

Anthony

Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Finne_H=E5kon?=    Posted: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:04:25 +0200
In EndNote 5, select (from the menu)
Edit -> Preferences... -> Display Fonts
and make your changes as required.

You may also widen the window for displaying individual references. Each
field full of text would then require fewer lines.

If it is overridingly important to you to read long records, you may also
set your graphics card and monitor to a higher resolution, assuming this is
possible on your machine.

-- Håkon
/>