Error "Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a

Search email archive for

Error "Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a
Author: Glen Fuller    Posted: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:49:45 +1000
library"???
Sender: /> Precedence: bulk
G'day anyone and everyone,

I am having a very annoying problem with Endnote. Whenever I attempted
to insert a citation or update the bib. I get and error back saying
that:

Can't save this reference,
Too many references in library "EN527*.tmp" [the * varies
depending on what I am doing]
Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a library

Anyone got any clues?

I am trying to write a paper and it is extremely annoying.

Cheerio,
Glen Fuller.

Glen Fuller, PhD Candidate
Centre for Cultural Research
University of Western Sydney

Error "Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a
Author: John Beene    Posted: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:36:58 -0500 (
I think this error is a bit misleading. It's likely that you have a
temporary citation in your word document with a record number that exceeds
32767 (which is 2 to the 15th power minus 1 I think), so look for something
like {Jones, 2003 #43023}. You might have accidentally appended some number
at the end of the record number by using the "edit citations" suffix box or
something along that line.

I am having a very annoying problem with Endnote. Whenever I attempted
to insert a citation or update the bib. I get and error back saying
that:

Can't save this reference,
Too many references in library "EN527*.tmp" [the * varies
depending on what I am doing]
Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a library

Anyone got any clues?

I am trying to write a paper and it is extremely annoying.

Cheerio,
Glen Fuller.

Glen Fuller, PhD Candidate
Centre for Cultural Research
University of Western Sydney

RE: Error "Endnote cannot add more than 32767 references to a
Author: Wiedemann, Leanne    Posted: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:56:10 -0600
Do you have more than 32767 refs? If not- The .tmp library is the
travelling library. - try to unformat the document and reformat the
document.

Author: Glen Fuller    Posted: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:15:44 +1000
Thankyou to everyone for their replies. I don't have more than 32767
references!!! I un/reformatted and it seemed to work, I must have done
something nasty to one of the reference numbers when adding a suffix
page number or something...

Anyway, thanks again, problem is solved!

Glen.

Author: Glen Fuller    Posted: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:29:23 +1000
Yep you were right!! Bloody suffix... I was about to go crazy!