Nasty bug to report

Search email archive for

Nasty bug to report
Author: Harold Peach    Posted: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:55:20 -0400
This may have been posted before, but it is so subtle and has such
disastrous effects I thought I would post it just in case:

If I am entering a complicated reference, I frequently will copy/paste an
existing similar record to create a copy, then go in and edit the copy. This
works fine, unless, as I discovered today, the original record has an object
associated with it.

When you make a copy of the original record Endnote does not make a copy of
the associated object (in this case a PDF file). If you then delete or
change the inserted object in the new record, it will delete the associated
object from *both* records, thus losing the file. Endnote should make a copy
of associated objects when it makes a copy of the record.

Fortunately, I had the original PDF stored elsewhere, but this is something
ISI will really need to address. If I had not had the copy, the result could
have been *very bad*.

RE: Nasty bug to report
Author: Wiedemann, Leanne    Posted: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:10:28 -0500
PLEASE, make sure you also forward this to tech-support
and especially to
so they don't miss this information.

Thanks,
Leanne