ProQuest - "This connection file is incompatible with this version

Search email archive for

ProQuest - "This connection file is incompatible with this version
Author: Roder John    Posted: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:33:46 +1200
of Endnote"
Sender: /> Precedence: bulk
Hi folks

I wonder if anyone can help me. I run Endnote 5 on a 2 year old Mac
G4. I am running Netscape 4.77

I have been conducting searches in ProQuest and find that when I go
to export my citations directly to Endnote I get the following message:

"This connection file is incompatible with this version of Endnote"

I believe I have the correct filetypes set up in the browser
preferences. I am following th estrange instructions that have I believe
have come from ProQuest (i.e. ensure you are doing an advanced search). the
other trick I am told is to make sure that I have my library closed as the
software will prompt me when it wants to know which library to export to.
All the above don't matter at all of course if it goes to connect and
believes that there is incompatibility with my version of Endnote.

nb. I have 2 colleagues (1 with an identical set up to myself) who
have no problems at all.

Thanking someone in advance here (my eternal optimism)

John Roder

RE: ProQuest - "This connection file is incompatible with this
Author: Roder John    Posted: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:58:07 +1200
version
Sender: /> Precedence: bulk
Hi folks

I should also have added that it would be useful if anyone has produced a
filter for ProQuest should I be unable to get the direct export connection
to work.

Thanks again
John