pocket Endnote

Search email archive for

pocket Endnote
Author: Picciotto, Sol    Posted: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:20:28 +0100
********************************

Prof. Sol Picciotto
Head,
Lancaster University Law School
Lancaster University
LANCASTER LA1 4YN,
U.K.
direct phone (44)(0)1524-592464
fax (44)(0)1524-525212
/>
**********************************
I've recently acquired a Pocket PC plus keyboard, and would greatly like to
use it when visiting libraries and bookshops to input items which could be
downloaded to my main Endnote library. As far as I have seen there hasn't
been recent discussion of this on the list. The last advice I can find seems
to be for the older Palm, and suggested setting up an Excel sheet as a CSV
file. Is that still the best option, and does Niles have any plans for a
Pocket Endnote?

cheers

Sol

********************************

Prof. Sol Picciotto

Author: Mary Peterson    Posted: Thu, 1 May 2003 08:58:04 +0930
As a PDA resource person for my institutions, I'd be interested in learning
about EndNote for any type of PDA also. Can the ISI lurkers on the list
offer any information?

Mary Peterson
Deputy, Library & Educational Information Services
Royal Adelaide Hospital / Institute of Medical & Veterinary Science

PO Box 14
Rundle Mall
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: (08) 8222 5443
Fax: (08) 8222 3152
www.imvs.sa.gov.au/library

Author: Pocket Software Solutions    Posted: Sat, 3 May 2003 11:54:42 +0200
Librarium (www.pss.st/librarium.shtml) is a PalmOS application that
allows the user to enter EndNote style information on the PDA.
One-button export of the information can be imported directly into
EndNote.

It is even possible to export information from EndNote to Librarium so
that you would have your references with you in the library. Please read
the online manual for the limitations of this export method.

A demo version is available for download to try out the application.

Sorry, no PocketPC version available (and not planned).

Kind regards,
Pocket Software Solutions
www.pss.st

RE: pocket Endnote
Author: Patricia Kyle Dennis    Posted: Sat, 3 May 2003 00:05:48 -0500
Is this suggestion too stupid:

I'm kinda new at this, but couldn't a PocketPC user just create a Word
template on the handheld where each line starts with codes such as AU, TI,
SO, etc? You find an article at the library, you take out your PocketPC, you
open the template in Word and key in the information about the reference
next to each code. Save it as a text file. Then you create a filter in
EndNote and import the file into your library.

Can someone either tell me I'm stupid or elaborate on this idea so that
others could benefit. I am really amazed that ISI doesn't make a big deal
out of this. You would think their marketing people would LOVE us to use our
PocketPCs in the library. PocketPCs are much more powerful than Palms. I,
for one, chose PocketPC over Palm because it seemed obvious that I was going
to get much more for my $$$. ISI, are you listening?

Kyle

Patricia Kyle Dennis, M.S.W.
141 N. Meramec Avenue, Suite 314
Clayton, MO 63105