Predictive text input!

Search email archive for

Predictive text input!
Author: A Boyd    Posted: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:03:38 +0100
Hi Peeps,
I have endnote 5, and quite like the predictive text input as you
are typing the authors and journal names. However, it seems to not do this
when typing in the name of the article - is this a feature that can be
switched on somehow?

Released By: Andrew Boyd
Research Officer
Microbiology Department
CCFRA Technology Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1386 842171
Fax: +44 (0)1386 842100

The information in this document and attachments is given after the exercise
of all reasonable care and skill in its compilation, preparation and issue,
but is provided without liability in its application or use. It may contain
privileged information that is exempt from disclosure by law and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this
document in error please notify us and delete this message from your system
immediately.

The Group reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications passing
through its network. Any advice given is subject to our normal terms and
conditions of trading, a copy of which is available on request.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.

RE: Predictive text input!
Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Finne_H=E5kon?=    Posted: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:03:10 +0200
The predictive text input takes its suggestions from the Terms lists that
EndNote maintains for each of a number of fields. So it does not guess what
word you are typing (the way some mobile phones work) but which of the terms
already input in your EndNote library that you want to repeat. This makes
sense for authors (who may have written many titles) and journals (that may
have many articles) and keywords (that often characterise many documents)
but hardly for article names (for each of which you would usually only keep
one record).

-- Håkon
/>