frontmost error message

Search email archive for

frontmost error message
Author: Mark Lea MMSD    Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:12:32 -0600
Hey Gang,

I am using EndNote 6.02 with Word X on an Apple Ti Powerbook running OS X
10.2+ "JagWire". There are two constant irritants with that setup.

1. I get the message "There are no references selected in the frontmost
EndNote library." when I know there are references selected.

My workaround has been to go back to EndNote and re-select the already
selected reference. That is kind of a pain.

2. The second glitch is even more irritating. If a document is edited
shortly after it is opened in Word, Word frequently crashes (i.e., the
little multi-colored beachball spins forever). It seems to manifest itself
more frequently when Entourage is also open, but I can't be sure.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sincerely,

--
Mark Lea, Library Media Services Coordinator
Madison Metropolitan School District

re: frontmost error message
Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gert_W=F6rheide?=    Posted: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:15:44 +0100
/> To: /> Sender: /> Precedence: bulk
Dear Mark,
I frequently had the same problem with Word freezing shortly after
opening a document and typing one letter, my only workaround is to
disable the CWYW feature, because if doing so, Word works fine. So I
reckon it is the CWYW plug-in that has the bug. However, this
work-around is _not_ perfect at all, but the spinning disk and restart
of Word is even more annoying.
Curious to hear from others, especially from ISI.
best regards

Gert

PS I tried to delete the normal.dot template but that didn't help
either.

Am Mittwoch, 26.03.03, um 08:00 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb
endnote-interest-digest:

--
-
Prof. Dr. Gert Wörheide

Centre for Biodiversity and Ecology
University of Göttingen

phone: +49-(0)551 39 14 177
mobile: +49-(0)178 537 22 33
fax: +49-(0)551-39 79 18

/>
www.calcarea.nu
www.gzg.uni-goettingen.de
www.biodiversitaet.gwdg.de

re: frontmost error message
Author:    Posted: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:15:44 +0100
Dear Mark,

--
-

Author: Kurt Richter    Posted: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:18:26 -0500
The answer to this question is found at
http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/enfaq17.asp

-Kurt-

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 /> wrote:

> /> > To: /> > Sender: /> > Precedence: bulk
> Dear Mark,
> I frequently had the same problem with Word freezing shortly after
> opening a document and typing one letter, my only workaround is to
> disable the CWYW feature, because if doing so, Word works fine. So I
> reckon it is the CWYW plug-in that has the bug. However, this
> work-around is _not_ perfect at all, but the spinning disk and restart
> of Word is even more annoying.
> Curious to hear from others, especially from ISI.
> best regards
>
> Gert
>
> PS I tried to delete the normal.dot template but that didn't help
> either.
>
> Am Mittwoch, 26.03.03, um 08:00 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb
> endnote-interest-digest:
> > Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:12:32 -0600
> > From: "Mark Lea (MMSD)" /> > > Subject: frontmost error message
>
> > (...)
> > 2. The second glitch is even more irritating. If a document is edited
> > shortly after it is opened in Word, Word frequently crashes (i.e., the
> > little multi-colored beachball spins forever). It seems to manifest
> > itself
> > more frequently when Entourage is also open, but I can't be sure.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> --
> -
> Prof. Dr. Gert Wörheide
> Juniorprofessor for Paleobiodiversity and Geobiology
> Geoscience Centre Göttingen
> Dept. of Geobiology
> Goldschmidtstr.3
> 37077 Göttingen
> Germany
>
> Centre for Biodiversity and Ecology
> University of Göttingen
>
> phone: +49-(0)551 39 14 177
> mobile: +49-(0)178 537 22 33
> fax: +49-(0)551-39 79 18
>
> /> >
> www.calcarea.nu
> www.gzg.uni-goettingen.de
> www.biodiversitaet.gwdg.de

-Kurt-
* ********************************************************
* Kurt Richter
* Associate Instructor: W200
* Ed.D. Student, Indiana University-Bloomington
* /> * Home page: http://php.indiana.edu/~kurichte/index.html
"We have met the enemy, and they is us." -Pogo-

re: frontmost error message
Author:    Posted: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:19:09 +0200
this is the reply by endnote tech support to my enquiry about the
crashing WordX, i.e. endless spinning muli-coloured disk after typing a
few letters.
regards

Gert

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail: