EndNote into FileMaker?

Search email archive for

EndNote into FileMaker?
Author: Allison Hodges    Posted: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:04:25 +0200
Hello,

I am attempting to export an EndNote file (v. 4)
into a Filemaker bibliography template. I can
*almost* get it to work, except that only the
first of my keywords come through (the rest are
set as individual entries. I also can seem to get
the abstract to export.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Allison

Re: EndNote into FileMaker?
Author: Robert W Gear    Posted: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:29:35 -0700
Hi Allison,
I do not use Filemaker but have had some experience in exporting
EndNote data to Microsoft Access. What you describe sounds like the
"carriage return (CR) problem" one encounters when exporting. Try the
following test:
Go to the keywords section of one of your references. Typically,
each keyword is found on its own line. Go to the end of the top keyword
and hit the delete key, which should bring the second keyword up onto the
same line as the first. Do this for each keyword in the reference. What
you are doing is deleting the CRs.
Now try exporting to Filemaker again. If the above procedure fixed
the problem for the reference you edited, there is a way to get rid of all
the CRs in your exported EndNote data. The method is described in a pdf
file that provides instructions for exporting to Access. Here is the URL
for the pdf file:

http://www.gordonmckenzie.co.uk/academic/endnote/

Good luck,
Robert