Re: Losing TABs in fields beginning with punctuation marks

Search email archive for

Re: Losing TABs in fields beginning with punctuation marks
Author: Peter Mayer    Posted: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:04:32 +1030
On 29 April, Simon Gilbertson wrote:

>We have, after a year of intensive work with EN, been confronted finally
>by a phenomena which we cannot solve alone and are writing to ask for
>assistance.
>
>Our System: EN 6.0/MAC OS X/MAC OS 9.2
>

>Here's our problem:
>
>Whilst exporting a library using a tab delimited output style to plain
>text file the following original reference:
>
>Smith,G.TAB2002TAB ...and the show goes on.TAB Journal of
>ChaosTAB15TAB3TAB3-16
>
>looses its TABs and ends up looking like this:
>
>Smith,G.TAB2002 ...and the show goes on.TAB Journal of
>ChaosTAB15TAB3TAB3-16
>
>The TAB before the three full-stops disappear and the data is joined to
>the previous field. This phenomena happens with any number of full-stops
>and regardless in which field it appears.

Hi Simon,

A crude work-around would be to edit your export style to
include 'pseudo RTF' text (or any similar unique markers) where you
want to force tabs, e.g.: \tab |vol. Then do a 'search and replace'
(\tab => ^t in WORD).

Peter
--
Peter Mayer | /> Politics Department |
University of Adelaide | 'phone:+61.8 8303 5606/5610

Re: Losing TABs in fields beginning with punctuation marks
Author: Peter Mayer    Posted: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:04:32 +1030